It has come to our notice that some of our members do not understand why we ask all members to do a ‘help day’ each year.
Throughout the year we organise many competitions, dressage, show jumping and cross country and sometimes a combination of two or three of those disciplines.
Every competition requires people to help run them and for many years now our policy has been to ask members to help us run these events.
We ask for a minimum of four hours per member per year. These hours can be done at one event or in two halves if preferred.
Members who help usually receive various perks such as subsidies on clinics or help towards team entries.
We have always been very generous in the past with our subsidies but at the moment we are struggling to raise the money to pay the subsidies and our main fund raiser, the compact eventing, had to be cancelled because of lack of entries.
However, we are planning more fund raisers and hope that lots of you will enter and help us achieve our goal.
Thank you, Anne
Our AGM and prize giving was held at The Bradford Arms in Llanymynech in February this year.
It was lovely to see so many of our members there supporting our club and we have many ideas and suggestions for this summer’s programme.
We also welcomed onto the committee Izzy Roberts as club secretary, Alison Ollier as Treasurer and Jane Yorke, who will be assisting with style and performance.
Karen Lawley and Babs Williams have become official helpers and will be running the showjumping from now on.
Heather Jones, Julie Phillips and Cassie Woods, who were standing down from committee, were thanked for their hard work and contributions to the club. The annual prize giving followed the AGM.
Winter Dressage League (which ran from October 2016 until March 2017)
1. Anne Roberts
2. Izzy Roberts
3. Kat Morgan
4. Nicky Crooks
5. Sophie Boyce
6. Carol Kynaston
Cassie’s Show Jumping Awards
1. Lauren Lawley
2. Hollie Hindley
3. Helen Hathaway and Becky Woolley
4. Vicki Luxmoore
5. Paula Cartwright
6. Heather Jones
7. Tara McDermott
Best Member Award
(Members are awarded one point for every Riding Club event which they attend but it does not include competitions as they have their own award)
1. Sue Biltcliffe and Anne Roberts
2. Ali Harper
3. Justine James
4. Paula Jeffreson
5. Sally Evans, Vicki Luxmore and Jacky Harrison
Summer Dressage League
1. Sally Evans
2. Elspeth Carr
3. Anne Roberts
4. Jane Yorke
5. Maureen Coxon, Izzy Roberts and Jacky Harrison
6. Zoë Chamberlain
7. Ali Harper
8. Irene Gill
9. Kat Morgan
10. Paula Jeffreson
Best Competitive Rider Award
1. Izzy Roberts
2. Janet Warner
3. Elspeth Carr
4. Christine Hughes
5. Ali Harper and Myfi Powell
6. Helen Hathaway
Our final awards went to four of our members who won their section at Area competitions and went on to ride at the Riding Club Championship
Izzy Roberts (right) who won her class at Area Dressage
Janet Warner who won her class at Area Dressage
Helen Hathaway (below) who won her Intermediate Show Jumping Class.
Myfi Powell who won her section at Area Horse Trials whose award was collected by her mum, Gill Powell (below right)
Well done everyone, we are all very proud of you. Anne
At recent committee meetings we have discussed how we can make the administration of club events easier, both for members and for the organisers running the events. We have elected to trial Horse Monkey for several upcoming events. This is a very popular method of entry and payment and is used by numerous RC’s and PC’s among others.
• There is a simple sign up process which will retain your’s/horses details for use with any events on Horse Monkey.
• You do not need a PayPal account as payment can be made by CC or DC, the choice is yours, it is as easy as doing a bank transfer.
• You will need to enter your VVRC membership number, which will be retained, this will be needed to give you club discounts for example: Cassie’s SJ is £6 for member’s and £7 for non-members, putting your number in will ensure you get the discounted price. Your membership number is on the card issued to you, if you do not have this please contact Sally Evans or myself and we will be happy to give it to you.
• It will not discount subs for clinics, this will be done in the normal way with Anne.
• It will give the organisers of the VVRC clinics and events better information for planning as the information will be produced in a report.
• There will be a link on the VVRC Facebook page to take you to the Horse Monkey site and there will be a link on the VVRC website that when clicked on will show you VVRC active events listed on Horse Monkey.
This will be new to some of you, so I am sure there will be some queries along the way…please do not hesitate to mention these, I personally use Horse Monkey and find it a very easy site to navigate and use.
If you do not have access to the internet, do not worry as although we want to promote this as the preferred method for entries we will take postal or on the day entries.